1.21.2013

Traveling is a Mindset #3: Take Photos


Photo I took on a walk with my I-Phone.
If you have a camera use it, if not go buy one. Use your camera phone or by an inexpensive camera if money is an issue. Keep your camera charged and take it with you wherever you go, with the intent to take photos on your journey (even if your journey is only a 10 minute walk to the store). 

When you are geared up to take pictures it forces you to take notice of things around you that are “picture worthy” wherever you go. You will be surprised at the things you come across and notice, when you are viewing your every day surroundings like a tourist.  It will give you a fresh perspective on familiar places and hopefully produce some quality photos as well.  

If you take a good photo, print it, frame it, put it in a photo journal or share it on Instagram.  Treat your photos from home just as you would from a big trip.

Sometimes I get caught up in my head wishing I was here or there, not appreciating the moment or where I’m at now. Taking photos daily and honoring them/giving them value helped me notice that where I am now is just as valuable and interesting as the places I long to be. After all the present is the only moment there really is, so I’m learning to appreciate it more and more. So step outside and start snapping away. Let me know what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment